Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Data Management: Finance & Planning
Location: Smithfield RI
Job Code: 928
Global Level: 5
The Buyer Planner is responsible for supporting the planning, scheduling and monitoring of raw materials through the production cycle to determine required materials. The Buyer/Planner will purchase materials based on planned requirements. The Buyer/Planner will monitor and control current inventory and orders on a daily or weekly basis. This role will partner with Manufacturing in managing process orders in SAP. This position is responsible for purchasing materials from approved vendors, evaluating vendor reliability and troubleshooting delivery issues.
* Develop BOM’s, and process purchase requisitions for raw materials utilizing approved suppliers and communicate raw material delivery schedules and expedite materials as required
* Checks and processes non raw material items and service requisitions
* Obtains vendor quotes for raw materials, consumable and services
* Generates consumption vs planned vs order reports for upper management review
* Follows up on outstanding open orders
* Performs data maintenance in SAP
* Performs additional tasks as required
· Must be proficient in performing planning activities, including the use of SAP or other ERP systems
* Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiating skills.
* Must be customer service oriented, self-directed, responsible, and able to work on problems of diverse scope involving various cross-functional groups.
* Must have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and be flexible while providing support to various departments with different requirements.
* This individual is expected to represent Alexion Pharmaceutical’s interests, objectives and policies in a professional and responsible manner.
Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration or Sciences or equivalent industry experience.
* Must have a minimum of 2-5 years related experiencein a biopharmaceutical, pharmaceutical or related industry. Prior logistics, purchasing/planning experience is preferred.
* Must have prior hands-on experience with SAP or other ERP systems, Powerpoint, Word and extensive skills in Microsoft Excel.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Alexion, please visitwww.alexionpharma.comor download our App for iPhones and Blackberries.
Alexion is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative action employer