Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
SQL Server DBA
* Save Job
* Rate Job
* Report Job
* Share Job With Others
SQL database administration ssis
Our client is currently seeking a SQL Database Administrator.
Working as part of the Enterprise Applications and development team, primarily responsible for managing and maintaining the Microsoft SQL database environment. Responsibities will include DBA related activities, designing, managing clustered SQL environments, troubleshooting and monitoring performance, Other duties will include designing, managing and maintaining other core database related systems including full text search engines, creating technical documentation, and report writing.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary Job Responsibilities:
* Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the databases that support the system to include but not limited to day to day activities, rollout and upgrades
* Work to ensure that the associated hardware resources allocated to the databases and to ensure high resilience and performance tuning
* To proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime (SQL Server 2000/2005/2008R2)
* Designing and implementing processes for the migration, import and exporting and loading of data into various database and 3rd party environments, (prior experience working with DocAuto workspace monitor helpful)
* Creating and developing stored procedures, triggers and scripts to help streamline and enhance system processes and add functionality.
* Working closely with business analysts, managers and other stakeholders to create design specifications for development of the database design
* Creating management and client reports using reporting tools such as SSRS
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or other related disciplines required.
* Masters degree or continued certifications preferred
5+ years experience working as a Microsoft SQL DBA with SQL server 2000, 2005 and 2008 or 2008R2
3+ years of experience developing and writing stored procedures, triggers and functions using SQL.
3+ years of a proven track record creating TSQL and CLR queries to read, write and manipulate data in a SQL environment