Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Citizens Financial Group (CFG)
Citizens’ history began in 1871 on Hoyle Square in Providence, RI, then the city’s busy market center. In 1985, Citizens Financial Group was established as the holding company for Citizens Savings Bank and Citizens Trust Company, which evolved into Citizens Bank. In December 1988, Citizens Financial Group became a wholly owned subsidiary of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc. RBS Group’s ownership gave Citizens the stability and support of an international financial services company – and a partner with capital for growth.
Citizens Financial Group’s 26 strategic bank acquisitions since 1988 greatly expanded its reach and its customer base throughout New England, into the Mid‐Atlantic and into the Midwest. The largest market‐changing transactions included:
* Mellon Financial Corporation’s retail, small business and middle market units in Pennsylvania and Delaware in 2001.
* Charter One Financial acquisition added Ohio, Illinois, Michigan, New York and Vermont to CFG’s retail footprint in 2004.
* In March 2007, RBS formed RBS Americas.
Today, Citizens Financial Group, Inc. is a $132 billion commercial bank holding company and its subsidiaries have more than 1,500 branches, more than 3,800 ATMs and 21,140 employees. It operates its branch network in 12 states and has non‐branch retail and commercial offices in more than 30 states.
The Compliance division of RBS CFG is committed to delivering advice, assistance, assurance and oversight across RBS Citizens. Our Values are based on Teamwork, Transparency and Accountability. We will be successful by establishing clear standards of excellence for our colleagues, attaining and using appropriate knowledge and tools, and ensuring timely feedback from credible sources.
Summary of Position
A Senior Compliance Officer is the independent compliance partner who is responsible for working with a specific CFG Business Division/Unit to ensure that the Business Compliance Program (Program) appropriately addresses the regulatory risks relative to the Division/Unit’s business activities. As a Compliance team member, working within the RBS-CFG Compliance function, the Senior Compliance Officer will be co-located with the relevant business and actively engaged to compliance and AML advice, monitoring and oversight of an effective Program.
The Sr. Compliance Officer will collaborate with the work-stream leads and previous Dodd-Frank program resources to determine the best long term end state.
Primary duties include:
Program Management – Dodd Frank and Non-Dodd Frank Integration
* Design a process to operationalize upstream risk considerations and determine a streamlined process to drive action.
* Design effective compliance status communication and work-stream coordination of status for all regulatory development and change.
* Serve as the point person to coordinate and communicate compliance status.
* Coordinate the legal review of emerging laws, rules, and regulations.
* Actively collaborates across the RBS-CFG Compliance team; shares information and insight from Regulatory Development in order to improve reporting and establish a comprehensive view of regulatory risk.
* Proactively reaches out to Business management, Business Unit Risk Management, Legal, and the larger Risk community to offer support and assistance in compliance-related matters to ensure an open, adequate and effective risk management culture.
* Establish and cultivate a strong working relationship with the respective Business Unit Risk Management teams to advance the culture and effectiveness of a synchronized approach to risk management in respect of current, new or emerging applicable banking law and regulation as well as internal corporate compliance policy and procedures.
* Consult with the Business Management and Compliance Officer colleague(s) regarding the design and implementation of key strategic initiatives and business changes to provide tactical regulatory/compliance advice and recommendations.
Research & Analysis
* Research and analyze emerging laws, rules, and regulations to assist in the identification of applicable business units and determine level of significance.
* Coordinate some regulatory requirement definition.
* Research and analyze Dodd-Frank applicable legislation. In coordination with the Director of Compliance and/or the Senior Compliance Manager, identify relevant regulatory updates to report out to Business Unit and RBS-CFG Compliance management committees and leadership teams.
Colleague Engagement and Development
* Work with the Compliance Officer(s) and Analyst(s) to ensure that they are properly engaged and positioned to enable the supported business to remain current with laws and regulations in tandem with RBS-CFG’s strategic goals as well as industry best practices.
* Maintain financial awareness for the budget and expenses.
* Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Management or related degree; Master degree preferred
* Prefer Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager designation
* 8-10 years Compliance, Risk, Audit experience with proven ability to proactively collaborate with colleagues and management
* Experience working in a large, complex financial service organization and working with regulatory agencies, including OCC, FDIC or State agencies required
* Strong communication, collaboration, and technical compliance skills. Should be able to work effectively with others at all levels across the organization and provide authoritative guidance to management and staff within the organization.
* Strategic vision and organization/marketplace awareness.
* Strong working knowledge of the compliance risks associated with a banking institution as well as experience working in and/or building effective compliance programs.
* Experience reading and interpreting regulations, laws, and statutes. Strong research skills preferred.
* Problem solving skills as well as flexibility and adaptability are of key importance
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of RBS Citizens, N.A. to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other factor protected by federal, state and/or local laws.