Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Care Partner II CMT - EEC
Department: EEC CNA
Schedule: Part Time
Shift: 2nd Shift
Hours: Sub-acute unit; 16 hrs/wk; 2:45p-11:15p; e/o weekend
Life at Elmhurst Extended Care is organized around the needs and lives of the elders who live there. The Care Partner-CMT is responsible for providing high quality care and for maintaining the safety of the environment. The Care Partner-CMT is a member of a collaborative team that is supportive of the Eden Alternative philosophy of culture change and help support meaningful lives for our elders by eliminating the plagues of loneliness, helplessness and boredom.
The Care Partner-CMT will provide care to the elders living in a neighborhood. Their primary role is to protect, sustain, and nurture the elders by providing assistance with activities of daily living and meeting other needs as required. The core goal of the Care Partner-CMT’s work is to provide assistance in a manner that promotes a high quality of life and a positive elderhood. The responsibilities of the Care Partner-CMT include care of the elders and the elders’ environment, including personal laundry, activities and pet care. Responsibilities also include administration and documentation of medication within the scope of the CMT role.
Education and Experience:
· High School diploma
· Rhode Island CNA license.
· Rhode IslandMedication Aide License
· Must be a currently Certified Nursing Assistant in the State ofRhode Island, and must have successfully completed the State approved Training & Drug Administration” course as outlined by the State ofRhode Islandand obtained a state license as Med Tech.
· Is a good listener, gives clear straightforward directions; gives tactful and constructive feedback.
· Keeps residents’ information confidential.
· Commitment to working in a professional high quality and team player environment.
· Must have a warm and gracious manner and an appreciation of the elderly.
· Knowledgeable and supportive of the residents’ rights and responsibilities.
· Must be well-organized, able to work independently with consistent follow-through.
· Ability to handle completing demands in a flexible and positive manner, to seek support when needed, and an ability to keep all parities informed of time schedules and deadlines.
· Must adhere to Attendance Policy #3-110.
· Follow oral and written directions by reading, writing or speaking English.
· Ability to work under time pressure and maintain professional demeanor.
· Ability to exercise independent judgment.
· Ability to perform routine tasks with minimal supervision.