Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Technical Service Associate - Pawtucket, RI
Click here to apply for this position
Location:Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Teknor Apex Companyis a privately held, global material science, company founded in 1924 and headquartered in Pawtucket, Rhode Island. We manufacture for our eight divisions in 8 locations in the U.S., and one each in Singapore, China, Belgium and the United Kingdom.
In all our businesses, we pride ourselves on our commitment to technical innovation, quality products, and custom service.Positions offered are both challenging and rewarding and have excellent growth opportunities.
Join ourCorporate Laboratoryin the role ofTechnical Service Associate. In this position you will be responsible for all aspects of formulating cost effective PVC compounds to meet customer and internally-specified requirements. This includes approval of new raw materials, preparation of formulation documentation, support of long term development projects, knowledge of PVC compounding, and in-process formulation changes as needed to meet specifications.
Position Highlights include:
* Serve as lead formulating expert on specific technical service efforts; organizing and planning the project with chemists, technicians, engineers, sales, finance and purchasing support.
* Interactions with customers and all internal functions of the Vinyl Division.
* Responsible for completing customer technical service requests for the division.
Skills and Requirements
* Graduate level degree in a technical discipline such as chemistry, polymer engineering, chemical engineering or polymer science.
* 6-8 years of experience and demonstrated abilities in the scientific area with emphasis in formulating, technical service project management and polymer science/engineering.
* Knowledge of PVC formulating is preferred
* Proven skills in technical writing and presentations.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of Software products and ERP software is required.
Our successful employees demonstrate the following core competencies
* A senior chemist who can identify complex problems based on a broad range of factors, many of which are ambiguous or difficult to define, measure and analyze the data, and recommend optimal solutions and approaches.
* In-depth understanding of polymer science/engineering, formulating and materials.
* Ability to understand complex technical issues and communicate them to others in a clear, concise format.
* Provide expert insight into problems to assist others in researching and creating new approaches that stimulates innovation.
* Demonstrates a commitment to support customer relationships and partnerships that promote long-term business and growth.
Teknor Apex has a long-standing history of caring for its employees. We are committed to the philosophy of providing employees with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
* Medical w/prescription drug coverage
* Dental and Vision
* Life Insurance
* 401k w/company match and Pension Plan
* Paid Holidays and Vacation
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Employee Wellness Program
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Service Recognition